Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sewing in Progress ~

Here is what I have been up to...

My 5 year old twins birthday party is this weekend - it is a Superhero party! 

And as we all know, a superhero party is not complete without capes...of course, this is my very first time using a sewing machine. So what may be a simple project for all of you amazing seamstresses out there, this has been a slow moving one for me...and yes, I have had to hold back the tears...on a few occasions. 

Luckily, my dear friend, Jody, has been a HUGE help and I would have taken a hammer to the machine if if wasn't for her...thank you Jody (I will let you know when her Etsy shop is open - she has to open one, because she is "sew" amazing with a needle and thread)!

I am off to make more capes. 
(How to do like my "superhero" font? - it is all about getting in the mood right?)


8 comments:

Katie@a mom, a wife, and a me said...

Im a new-be like you, so my hats off to you for making so important for an event that so important! Good job, post pictures when you are done, im all excited for you!

Terrell said...

Oh wow..how fun is this party gonna be!!?! My sweets gave me a sewing machine for Christmas and I haven't touched a sewing machine since...well Jr High Home Ec! Sooo..yeah..I've been playing with it and I even made a pillow...yay! HA! I cannot wait to get some experience under my belt though. This party will be a blast and their capes will be the perfect addition! You'll have to post pics!!
Hugs to you,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

The Pineapple Room said...

I'm so excited for you...sewing is so much fun and rewarding. And the best thing about making stuff for the kids is no matter how much of a mess I make out of it, they think I did a great job! What a great theme for a boy/girl birthday party. Can't wait to see the pictures...

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

You get the super mom award this year! Way to go sewing the capes! Can't wait to see them when they are finished.

Lindy said...

I love how you've jumped off into the deep end! I find sewing very relaxing -- I hope you do,too! Have fun with it ~ Lindy

Miss Obara said...

Once YOU learn to sew...I can only imagine what you'll come up with! Great job on sticking with it....the kids will LOVE it no matter how it looks!!! Can't wait to see the pics from your party...you go SUPER MOM!!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Chelsea, My five year old grandson is so into super heros! Everything revolves about them. He would love this party and especially the capes. From one non-sewer to another I understand the frustration completely.
Hugs,
Sherry

Four J Events Club said...

Thanks for sharing this post, it is nice blog.
Birthday Party Places in Miami

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails