Monday, October 11, 2010

Halloween Decorating Part 2 ~

Holiday | Decorating Inspiration

Have I told you how much I love decorating for Halloween? I don't know why, but I love it! Here is my kitchen with a little spooky. 

We will start with the side table. 


My Mom recently gave me that fabulous 3-tiered piece... yes, I LOVE it (thank you Mom)! And you can only imagine my thrill to start layering on the Halloween goodness.




I bought a ton of silver pieces at a local thrift store last week to add to my decor. I love how it looks with the Spanish moss and the white pumpkins.


And next to this lovely tower of spook, is this little vignette. 

This guy was got a little makeover with some white acrylic paint and a little glaze.

I made the "Boo" sign with a Goodwill find and scrapbook letters from Michaels. The glittery skull was from the Dollar Tree. I used a coffee filter to give him a little collar and stuck him on a silver candlestick.

Okay, since this is getting a little lengthy, I will show you the kitchen counter tomorrow. Here is a little sneak peak...



12 comments:

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Chelsea, I am with you I LOVE decorating for Halloween! Your new tiered tray is gorgeous and works great for Halloween. The silver basket filled with moss & a white pimpkin is perfection!

Best wishes,
Tammy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is great, Chelsea! I love that tiered tray stand ~ love it! Your smaller decorations fit on it so well. I also do smaller areas like your side table; I find I don't need Halloween decor through the whole house. I've been limiting myself to my entry foyer, kitchen and a few little things in the living room and dining room. Plus, I'm trying to tuck in with the few Fall things I have.

Michelle said...

I love the coffee filter collar!

Andrea said...

so cute! You have a knack for halloween decor! I can do Christmas, but for some reason, I'm not great at capturing Halloween...

Unknown said...

Chelsea:

Love all the decorating you've done!

How cute is the black rat on the whie pumpkin? It all looks so whimsical and fun, in a classy way : )

So glad I stopped by today for the inspiration.

Cori
Starview Sonnet

Jessica @ Simply A Farmer's Wife said...

Chelsea,

I LOVE the Halloween decorations! I went to our local Dollar Tree and picked up some pieces {most of what you have} and started decorating today. I have never been this excited about Halloween before! Thanks for sharing..... And cannot wait to see the kitchen tomorrow!

Angie said...

I love the skull hands coming out of the silver...and the coffee filter collar for the skeleton...so clever! I never used to decorate for Halloween until my son really started enjoying it...there are so many treasures to be found at the dollar stores, huh! What a fun blog you have..I love it!

Hugs ~ Angie

ClassyGal said...

Love it! Especially the white pumpkin with the mouse on it :)

The House of Healy said...

I am totally digging this!!! Way to go with the fancy yet spooky decor. Halloween might seriously be my favorite holiday to decorate for. I'm in the midst of taking all my pictures to share. Thanks for giving us a peek at yours!

Kim said...

Absolutely adorable! Looks like lots of fun in your home Chelsea!
xoxo,
Kim

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your decorations are so well done. Love the stand!

live and luv said...

Can't wait to see your Christmas decorating! Love your site :)

Excited to share your blog and great ideas with my blog readers!

http://livebythesunluvbythemoon.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails