Monday, August 17, 2009

Fia's new Bed Crown - What to Do?


So last week I posted some great photos of bed crowns as inspiration for my daughter's room. And on Friday our new bed crown arrived. So in my web searches, I found out these babies are fairly expensive! But I was very lucky and landed on this one on clearance...normally $149.99 now $44.00! So it is not my style, but with a little paint and some detail work, I see a beautiful transformation taking place (it also came with 2 hold backs).
Here are a few shots of my daughters room. I am trying to decide exactly what to do with the bed crown..paint it white? pink? add a crown? a letter? stripes...Her room is still a work in progress. I want to add the bed crown, add more window panels (maybe something to tie in with the new bed crown), add a rug, paint her new black mannequin frame....

What would you do with the bed crown? I would love to hear your wonderful suggestions!

5 comments:

Angie said...

I think no matter what you choose it will be great! The room looks awesome already so i'm sure you'll make the right choice! If I had to pick I think either white with her intials in black on it or maybe the stripes?? Be sure to repost once you've decided!!

Vanessa said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the bed crown! I have always wanted one of those for my daughter's room, but was too cheap to buy one!! I've seen small half round shelves that I thought would work, but so far, I've just stuck with my $5 mosquito net find. Just curious, how do you hang the fabric panels? I agree with Angie that it would be great painted cream. Of course, it would also be nice painted the green color that you have accented in the room with a shabby finish. I love the monogram idea, too. Can't wait to see what you do!

Amberlyn said...

Wow!! Perfect room for sweet baby girl!! I like the pink color scheme and decoration!!

5price4ever said...

Love your blog. Ok in a deco mag I saw years ago they had a crown like yours but they added wooden details on the top to amke it look more like a princess crown and then they painted the crown gold and put their daughters first initial in the middle of the crown. It was sooo stinkin cute! You have sooo many awesome ideas. How do you sleep with all those cool ideas swirling in your head?

5price4ever said...

Love your blog. Ok in a deco mag I saw years ago they had a crown like yours but they added wooden details on the top to amke it look more like a princess crown and then they painted the crown gold and put their daughters first initial in the middle of the crown. It was sooo stinkin cute! You have sooo many awesome ideas. How do you sleep with all those cool ideas swirling in your head?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails